Saturday, June 6, 2009

Reflective Response

In the future I would like to pursue a career in zoology. Since I love looking after animals and spending time with them, I have always wanted to pursue a career having to do with them. I am very organized and like to have a schedule of what my tasks are. Zoologists must be organized by the many tasks they must complete on time. They must be good time managers and can’t procrastinate. My personality relates to this because I spend my time wisely and always complete my work on time.

Some of my interests include writing and travelling. One of the main jobs a zoologist must complete is working on the field observing different species of animals. Zoologists travel to different locations throughout the world observing animals and their habitat. They write journals and books about what they witness, and conference with other zoologists. This is good because my highest learning strength is verbal linguistic, which will be helpful when completing essays and journals about the behaviour of different animals.

After reviewing my results on personality tests and quizzes, I concluded that I am a Guardian. Guardians are serious about their duties and responsibilities. I appreciate having clear-cut responsibilities and being recognized for the dedication and achievements I complete. By following a career path in zoology I will have certain responsibilities I must complete.
One of my work preferences is directive. Directive people like to take charge and control situations. They enjoy organizing their own activities and see themselves as independent and self-directing. This relates to a career in zoology by working well with a team while still being able to do things independently when they are out in the field. The responsibilities of a zoologist can alternative. They can complete different tasks throughout their career, such as working in the field, researching animals, or teaching at universities.
I think my personal and work values relate to a career in zoology by one of my top values in life is spending time with family and helping others. Zoologists can spend many hours a week working and may not have time for family. If I do pursue a career in zoology, this will be one of the flaws that I’ll dislike. By spending up to sixty hours a week working I won’t have that much time to spend with my family. When I travel in the field to observe animals I will be far away from my family. I’ll dislike this my I think that this is one of the only flaws in becoming a zoologist.

To help increase my experience for future employment in zoology, the in-school and out of school activities I should complete will be volunteering at a vet’s office or helping at a zoo. I will learn to become more comfortable around animals and learn about the different vaccines that animals should be given.

My hopes and dreams for the future include getting my high school diploma, attending university and having a successful career. I will measure my success by how fulfilling my life is in the future. When I start a career, I believe that it is more important that I enjoy what I am doing compared to how much I get paid. I believe that it is better to get paid a small amount and enjoy what your doing immensely compared to getting paid well and not enjoying what your doing. After university, I hope I will get a full-time job completing something I enjoy doing. I hope that I will receive enough money to start to pay off student loans I will have from university.

Remaining healthy and maintaining close relationships with my family and friends will be something I value highly in life. I will measure how successful I am by my close relationships with my family and friends. I believe that having family and friends is the most important thing to have in life. I don’t think that owning a lot of assets in one’s life is very important. Some people could have a really nice house and thousands of possessions that they love, but may not be close with their family or friends. I think that it is more important to have friends and family who you are close with compared to having a really nice house and many assets.

1 comment:

I hate zoologist said...

It sucks